For the seventh year, we are proud of belonging to one of the largest universities in Latvia - Riga Stradiņš University.
The Red Cross Medical College of Riga Stradiņš University is an agency under the supervision of Riga Stradiņš University.
The College provides highly qualified medical education:
First-level higher professional educationVocational educationVocational secondary educationContinuing education
Who are we?
The Red Cross Medical College of RSU - is a modern, stable and demanded educational institution with more than 97 years of rich history and experience in medical education!
The College is proud of its Red Cross name and during its entire existence has complied with its fundamental values, which are symbolised by the Red Cross and are embodied by the Merciful Nurse: justice, courage, intelligence, modesty and charity.
- Studying under the supervision of highly qualified lecturers
- Practice in health care facilities, improving theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Free access to a wide range of educational literature and services at the RSU Information centre for Health Care Specialists
- The opportunity to receive a monthly scholarship
- The opportunity to engage in the College Students’ self-government and Operative Unit
- Growing international communications network within the framework of Erasmus+ and NordPlus programmes
- An opportunity to live in the Student Hostel in Mežciems
The number of budget places for academic year 2017/2018
108 state-funded budget places and 50 places within the ESF project
What is our goal and tasks?
To further professional nurse and physician assistant education and possible continuing education with regard to labour market requirements, purposefully using the existing intellectual, logistical and financial resources, establishing a closer cooperation between the lecturers, promoting mutual integration of study subjects and cooperation with counterparts abroad, and modernizing the interaction between lecturers and students during the learning process.
- Improve the first-level higher education study programmes
- Attract and maintain the student contingent
- Promote the continuing education of lecturers
- Create a material base for a modern, innovative and topical study programme
- Promote an open and creative cooperation with shared responsibilities between lecturers and students during the study process